Diplo Denies 'Revenge Porn' Allegation After Filed Restraining Order - Rolling Stone
×
Home Music Music News

Diplo Denies ‘Revenge Porn’ Allegation Following Restraining Order Application

“In no way has my client violated any law,” producer’s attorney says

OCTOBER 24 - BURLINGAME, CA: Diplo, Major Lazer performs during their Music is the Weapon Drive-In Tour at the Burlingame Golf Center on October 24, 2020 in Burlingame, California. This concert was held with social distancing protocols in place during the 2020 COVID-19 Pandemic, attendees were required to keep in their own space and wear masks at all times. Photo: Casey Flanigan/imageSPACE/MediaPunch /IPX

A restraining order against Diplo has been filed alleging he used "revenge porn" against a woman, which the producer has denied.

Casey Flanigan/imageSPACE/MediaPunch/MediaPunch/IPx

An application for a restraining order has been filed against Diplo by a woman who alleges the producer distributed “revenge porn” images of her to allegedly “humiliate her and to scare other women out of coming forward,” The Daily Beast reports. Diplo’s lawyer has denied the accusations against his client, claiming that the accuser “has been harassing my client and his family for more than a year.”

The Los Angeles woman has retained high-profile attorney Lisa Bloom. “As with all clients, we put her through an elaborate vetting process, which she cleared,” Bloom told Daily Beast. “I find her to be very credible.”

According to the Daily Beast, last month, the Los Angeles woman made accusations against Diplo on Twitter, with claims that he hired a private investigator after the two had an argument. “The private investigator stated to me that he knew my address, he knew my parents address, he knew my place of work as well as my parents place to work,” she alleged in a Twitter thread. “Take that as you may but most people will take that as a threat.”

She also alleged he filmed sexual activity without her consent. After she posted the thread, a user posted a naked photo of the woman on Twitter. “She alleges in her declaration of support of the restraining order that the only person that had that picture other than her was him,” Bloom said. A restraining order hearing is scheduled for December 7th.

Bryan Freedman, an attorney representing Diplo, has denied the allegations. “Unfortunately, this individual has been harassing my client and his family for more than a year and has repeatedly refused to stop doing so,” Freedman said in a statement. “To be clear, in no way has my client violated any law. In fact, he has repeatedly made it clear that he wants nothing whatsoever to do with this person – and simply needs her ongoing harassment of his family to end.”

In This Article: Diplo

Newswire

Powered by
Arrow Created with Sketch. Calendar Created with Sketch. Path Created with Sketch. Shape Created with Sketch. Plus Created with Sketch. minus Created with Sketch.